FedEx is a US international company established in 1971 that has its registered office in Memphis, Tennessee. This shipping courier holds the distinction of having the highest number of planes on its fleet: 670, well ahead of UPS and DHL. In its early days, the company pioneered a delivery service known as "overnight shipping" as well as a system that was able to track items and provide location updates in real-time.
They currently operate services in more than 220 countries and territories. Within the US, it’s possible to pick up, drop off, or ship at more than 50,000 FedEx locations. They have over 425,000 team members and 5,000 hubs and locations throughout the world. 180,000 FedEx motor vehicles pick up and deliver more than 14 million packages a day.
The founder, chairman, and CEO of FedEx is Frederick W. Smith. The company is one of America's most famous shipping operators, having made its name as a result of its speedy and timely delivery services supported by an outstanding tracking system. For domestic and international shipping, they offer several services to more than 220 nations and territories worldwide.
As a reliable courier, eCommerce merchants must find the cheapest FedEx rate for both domestic or international shipments. Like any other carrier, finding the cheapest shipping service with FedEx is dependent on various factors such as package weight, size, speed of delivery, shipping distance, and courier service. However, eCommerce merchants may undoubtedly get the cheapest rates for sending packages to any destination with FedEx with the appropriate tools and some research.
We've done a lot of work to help merchants identify cheap shipping options when mailing items around the world. The cheapest FedEx rate can be found by comparing transit time and the delivery charges for the different services with the help of our courier service comparison tool. We will help you to understand the various shipping FedEx services, the different aspects that affect your shipping costs, and how you can find the cheapest way to ship with FedEx using our rate calculator. Before that, let's dive into the weaknesses and strengths of FedEx.
- Highly effective tracking of packages with the courier's FedEx tracking number system.
- It offers insurance coverage on packages.
- In-person service
- It offers weekend deliveries.
- It ships packages weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Discounts ranging from 6% to 20% are available.
- It has fewer pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Service-based pick-ups
- Generally, higher shipping rates
- A limited assortment of free packaging.
- Customers are charged pick-up fees for one-time shipments.
FINDING THE CHEAPEST RATE WITH FEDEX SHIPPING
When it comes to the cheapest FedEx rate, there is no one-cost-fits-all package. It depends on multiple things, as you would expect. Here, we get up close to several variables that influence your shipping rate. They include;
- Speed: FedEx expedited shipping services are more expensive than ground and economy shipping services.
- Package weight: The heavier your package, the more you will pay to have it delivered.
- Surcharges: Fuels and residential surcharges for remote deliveries will also impact your shipping cost. Handling fees also apply to large or fragile items.
- Shipping distance: The further the shipping zone, the more you will pay to have your package delivered.
- Custom packaging: The cheapest FedEx rate can be achieved with your packaging using FedEx SmartPost for small, lightweight items traveling shorter distances.
- FedEx Flat Rate Packaging: For longer journeys, FedEx One Rate packaging can be the cheapest shipping choice for large packages that are below 50lbs and envelopes below 10lbs.
FEDEX CHEAPEST DOMESTIC SHIPPING
FedEx provides numerous domestic services for different packages to be shipped across the US. Here are the various services you should look for from FedEx while searching for the most affordable way to ship FedEx domestically.
- FedEx Overnight Standard: Packages are delivered to houses by 4:30 p.m. on the next working day and by 8:00 p.m. Pick-up is available at selected locations on some Saturdays.
- FedEx First Class Overnight: Packages will be delivered to remote areas on the following working day from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. till 14:00 p.m. Delivery and pickup are optional on Saturday and are available at some locations only.
- FedEx Express Saver: Delivery takes place on the third business day, by 4:30 p.m. in most areas, and by 8:00 p.m. in residences.
- FedEx Priority Overnight: The delivery to houses and rural locations takes place on the following working day between 10:30 a.m. and noon or up to 4:30 p.m. Optional Saturday delivery and pickup are available in select locations.
FedEx 2Day A.M: Delivery takes place on the second business day by 10:30 a.m. and by noon to residences and rural areas.
- FedEx 2Day Service: Packages are delivered on the second business day by 4:30 p.m. to most areas, and by 8 p.m. to residences.
- FedEx Ground/Home Delivery: This is the best and most affordable option to ship FedEx with large and heavy packages up to 150 lbs. For example, packages are delivered to and from Alaska and Hawaii between one to five working days (3-7 business days), at the end of the workday.
- FedEx SmartPost: For low-weight packages up to 70 lbs., it is the best and least expensive FedEx rate for residences. Delivery takes place based on shipping distance within 2-7 business days.
- FedEx One Rate: If you do not want to waste time weighing packs to determine shipping expenses, you can find the lowest FedEx rate by using one of the 12 flat-rate boxes FedEx supplies. You can choose between 1, 2, or 3 business days to have your packages delivered.
FEDEX CHEAPEST INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING FEDEX
What about the most affordable international shipping services offered by FedEx? FedEx offers some international shipping services, like domestic delivery. The cheapest way to ship FedEx International can be discovered, depending on weight, delivery time, and delivery distance. To make it easier for you, here we discuss the different FedEx international services, and how you can find FedEx's cheapest international rate.
- FedEx International Priority: Packages are delivered in 1-3 business days to more than 220 countries and territories.
- FedEx International First: Packages are delivered within 1-3 business days to select postal codes in more than 20 key global markets.
- FedEx One Rate International: The FedEx 10kg box and FedEx 25kg box provide this service. The FedEx 10kg Box and up to 56lbs, the FedEx 25kg Box, can be shipped easily and cost-effectively internationally. Within 1-3 business days, packages will be delivered using FedEx International Priority.
- FedEx International Economy: This is one of the cheapest possible methods for international shipping with FedEx. Packages will be delivered to over 215 countries and territories within 2-5 business days.
- FedEx International Ground: This is the cheapest way to ship FedEx internationally. Packages are delivered within 2-7 business days.
- FedEx International Mail Service: This is the best FedEx pricing for low-value mailing, lightweight items like books, catalogs, CDs, brochures, and clothing. Premium delivery is 4-7 days, and the standard delivery is 7-11 days.
STREAMLINE YOUR FEDEX SHIPPING WITH US
You can find the cheapest FedEx rates for domestic and international packages easily with the right tools and a little research. The weight and size, delivery speed, packaging type (flat rate/custom), and shipping distances are the major variables influencing mailing package costs to different destinations. Ultimately, We provide all you need to make sure your shipping with FedEx is as smooth and affordable as you would like.