FedEx is a US international company established in 1971 with its registered office in Memphis, Tennessee. This shipping courier has the highest number of planes in its fleet: 670, well ahead of UPS and DHL. In its early days, the company pioneered a delivery service known as "overnight shipping" and a system that could track items and provide location updates in real-time.
They currently operate services in more than 220 countries and territories. It's possible to pick up, drop off, or ship within the US at more than 50,000 FedEx locations. They have over 425,000 team members and 5,000 hubs and areas worldwide. 180,000 FedEx motor vehicles pick up and deliver more than 14 million packages daily.
The founder, chairman, and CEO of FedEx is Frederick W. Smith. The company is one of America's most famous shipping operators, making its name due to its speedy and timely delivery services supported by an outstanding tracking system. They offer several benefits to more than 220 nations and territories worldwide for domestic and international shipping.
As a reliable courier, eCommerce merchants must find the cheapest FedEx rate for domestic and international shipments. Like any other carrier, finding the most affordable shipping service with FedEx depends on various factors such as package weight, size, speed of delivery, shipping distance, and courier service.
However, eCommerce merchants may undoubtedly get the cheapest rates for sending packages to any destination with FedEx with the appropriate tools and some research.
We've done much work to help merchants identify cheap shipping options when mailing items worldwide. To find the most affordable FedEx rate, you can compare transit time and delivery charges for the different services with the help of our courier service comparison tool.
We will help you understand the various shipping FedEx services, the various aspects that affect your shipping costs, and how to find the cheapest way to ship with FedEx using our rate calculator. Before that, let's dive into the weaknesses and strengths of FedEx.
- Highly effective tracking of packages with the courier's FedEx tracking number system.
- It offers insurance coverage on packages.
- In-person service
- It offers weekend deliveries.
- It ships packages weighing up to 150 lbs.
- Discounts ranging from 6% to 20% are available.
- It has fewer pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Service-based pick-ups
- Generally, higher shipping rates
- A limited assortment of free packaging.
- Customers are charged pick-up fees for one-time shipments.
FINDING THE CHEAPEST RATE WITH FEDEX SHIPPING
Concerning the cheapest FedEx rate, there is no one-cost-fits-all package. It depends on multiple things, as you would expect. This section will examine the factors that play a part in determining your overall shipping rate. These factors include;
- Speed: FedEx expedited shipping services are more expensive than ground and economy shipping services.
- Package weight: The heavier your package, the more you will pay for delivery.
- Surcharges: Fuels and residential surcharges for remote deliveries will also impact your shipping cost. Handling fees also apply to large or fragile items.
- Shipping distance: The further the shipping zone, the more you will pay to deliver your package.
- Custom packaging: The cheapest FedEx rate can be achieved with your packaging using FedEx SmartPost for small, lightweight items traveling shorter distances.
- FedEx Flat Rate Packaging: For longer journeys, FedEx One Rate packaging can be the cheapest shipping choice for oversized packages that are below 50 lbs and envelopes below 10 lbs.
FedEx provides numerous domestic services for shipping packages across the US. Here are the various services you should look for from FedEx while searching for the most affordable way to ship FedEx domestically.
- FedEx Overnight Standard: Packages are delivered to houses by 4:30 p.m. on the next working day, and by 8:00 p.m. Pick-up is available at selected locations on some Saturdays.
- FedEx First Class Overnight: Packages will be delivered to remote areas on the following working day from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. till 2:00 p.m. Delivery and pick-up are optional on Saturday and available only at some locations.
- FedEx express saver: Delivery takes place on the third business day, by 4:30 p.m. in most areas and by 8:00 p.m. in residences.
- FedEx Priority Overnight: The delivery to houses and rural locations takes place on the following working day between 10:30 a.m. and noon or up to 4:30 p.m. Optional Saturday delivery and pick-up are available in select areas.
- FedEx 2Day A.M: Delivery takes place on the second business day by 10:30 a.m. and noon to residences and rural areas.
- FedEx 2Day Service: Packages are delivered on the second business day by 4:30 p.m. to most areas and by 8 p.m. to residences.
- FedEx Ground/Home Delivery: This is the best and most affordable option to ship FedEx with large and heavy packages up to 150 lbs. For example, packages are delivered to and from Alaska and Hawaii between one and five working days (3-7 business days) at the end of the workday.
- FedEx SmartPost: For low-weight packages up to 70 lbs., it is the best and least expensive FedEx rate for residences. Delivery takes place based on shipping distance within 2-7 business days.
- FedEx One Rate: If you want to save time weighing packs to determine shipping expenses, you can find the lowest FedEx rate using one of the 12 flat-rate boxes of FedEx supplies. You can choose between 1, 2, or 3 business days to have your packages delivered.
What about the most affordable international shipping services offered by FedEx? FedEx offers some international shipping services, like domestic delivery.
The cheapest way to ship FedEx International can be discovered, depending on weight, delivery time, and delivery distance. To make it easier, we discuss the different FedEx international services and how you can find FedEx's cheapest international rate.
- FedEx International Priority: Packages are delivered in 1-3 business days to more than 220 countries and territories.
- FedEx International First: Packages are delivered within 1-3 business days to select postal codes in more than 20 key global markets.
- FedEx One Rate International: The FedEx 10kg box and FedEx 25kg box provide this service. The FedEx 10kg Box allows up to 22 lbs. Meanwhile, the FedEx 25kg Box allows items up to 56 lbs. Both can be shipped quickly and cost-effectively internationally. You can have your parcels delivered within 1-3 business days using FedEx International Priority.
- FedEx International Economy: This is one of the cheapest possible methods for international shipping with FedEx. This service delivers packages to over 215 countries and territories within 2-5 business days.
- FedEx International Ground: This is the cheapest way to ship FedEx internationally. This service ensures delivery of your packages within 2-7 business days.
- FedEx International Mail Service: This is the best FedEx pricing for low-value mailing and lightweight items like books, catalogs, CDs, brochures, and clothing. Premium delivery takes 4-7 days, while standard delivery takes 7-11 days.
STREAMLINE YOUR FEDEX SHIPPING WITH US
You can easily find the cheapest FedEx rates for domestic and international packages with the right tools and little research. The significant variables influencing mailing package costs to different destinations are the weight and size, delivery speed, packaging type (flat rate/custom), and shipping distances. Ultimately, We provide all you need to ensure your FedEx shipping is as smooth and affordable as you would like.