To avoid any potential damage, we’ve put together a guide to help you pack and ship your chairs correctly with the best freight carriers!
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Pack Chairs For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
- 2 How Long Does It Take To Ship Chairs?
- 3 How Much Does It Cost To Ship Chairs In My State Or Across The Country?
- 4 How To Ship Chairs With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 5 How To Ship Chairs With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 6 How to Ship Chairs With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 7 How to Ship Chairs With FedEx / TNT?
- 8 How To Ship Chairs Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 9 Conclusion
How To Pack Chairs For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
The first step in shipping your chairs is to box them to avoid any disasters along the route. Most chairs do not have detachable legs and do not fit within a standard-sized shipping box, making this a challenging task. However, the following is the best way to pack them:
- If feasible, separate the legs and cover them with bubble wrap
- Choose a suitable box based on the dimensions of your chair. Leave 3-4 inches open, so you may fill it with styrofoam or bubble wrap for extra protection.
- Wrap the chair in a blanket and secure it with sealing tape
- Fill the empty space in the box with styrofoam and place the chair inside
- Finally, wrap the box in poly strapping to keep it upright and secure
How Long Does It Take To Ship Chairs?
The shipping time for chairs is determined by the courier service you choose. The majority of service providers offer same-day, next-day, or three-day shipping options for your chairs. However, if you want it delivered sooner or across a long distance, you’ll be faced with extra costs.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship Chairs In My State Or Across The Country?
The weight of your chair is an essential factor in calculating how much it will cost to transport. A standard-size chair can weigh up to 25 pounds and costs between $100 and $200 to ship interstate.
Transporting it across a long distance, on the other hand, will cost between $250 and $500. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Chairs With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
If the length, breadth, and height of your chairs are less than 41, 31, and 31, respectively, shipping them from state to state will cost $150 to $200. You can use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
But if the chair’s dimensions exceed the specifications, DHL may not be able to deliver LTL freight.
How To Ship Chairs With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
The United States Postal Service (USPS) offers reasonable rates for shipping chairs within a state or to another state. Most standard-sized chairs, however, are too large to be sent through USPS due to their dimensions. Regardless, you can use the shipping calculator for ideal delivery quotes.
How to Ship Chairs With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
When it comes to shipping chairs, UPS provides a variety of options. With same-day delivery, their LTL freight costs between $150 and $300.
Additionally, there will be extra charges if you want to send your chairs by UPS Freight Urgent. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How to Ship Chairs With FedEx / TNT?
Depending on the delivery period, you have several options when using FedEx courier services to mail chairs. The cost of FedEx First Overnight delivery will range between $100 and $200.
You can save money and transport chairs for less than $100 by using FedEx 2Day or Express Saver. Use the shipping calculator to find the best delivery prices.
How To Ship Chairs Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
If you want to export your chairs to another country, several courier services provide international delivery, including DHL, UPS, and FedEx. Chairs can be transported by International Economic and International Priority, as well as other freight services. The cost varies from $300 to $1000, depending on the size of the package and the distance to the destination. For the cheapest delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
Shipping chairs within the city or across the nation requires extensive research into numerous courier services. The goal is to choose a service provider that provides reasonable pricing and quick shipment.