If you’re planning to send a gift to a loved one, a watch is a fantastic option. However, all of us have heard about the damage that occurs during transit. So, what’s the best way to ship jewelry? Continue reading this article to find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Pack A Watch For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
- 2 How Long Does It Take To Ship A Watch?
- 3 What Does It Cost To Ship A Watch In My State Or Across The Country?
- 4 How To Ship A Watch With DHL – And What Does It Cost?
- 5 How To Ship A Watch With USPS – And What Does It Cost?
- 6 How To Ship A Watch With UPS – And What Does It Cost?
- 7 How To Ship A Watch With FedEx / TNT – And What Does It Cost?
- 8 How To Ship A Watch Internationally – And What Does It Cost?
- 9 Conclusion
How To Pack A Watch For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
Before you select a courier service for shipping a watch, it is critical to properly pack it with enough cushioning material to avoid any mishaps.
- To begin, wrap your watch tightly in a sheet of bubble wrap and seal it using tape.
- After that, place the watch inside a watch box and use air pillows and bubble wrap for padding.
- Next, wrap the bubble sheet around the box and place it in a corrugated box that is already padded with crumpled newspapers, bubble wrap, and packing peanuts.
- Finally, seal it using heavy-duty tape. Ensure that the cardboard box is a few inches bigger on each dimension so you can fill it with adequate packing material.
How Long Does It Take To Ship A Watch?
If you want to ship a watch within a state or to another state, you can choose from overnight, 2-day, or 3-day shipping options to have your watch delivered the next day, in two days, or three days, respectively. However, international shipping can take up to a week to deliver your watch.
What Does It Cost To Ship A Watch In My State Or Across The Country?
If your watch is worth around $5,000, you can promptly ship it within your state at the cost of $10 using USPS. But if you’re planning to send it across the country, you can expect a price range of $20 to $100. To find the best delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship A Watch With DHL – And What Does It Cost?
DHL offers various services to deliver your watch. This includes air, road, and ocean freight. Shipping a watch from state to state will cost between $30 to $80. If you’re delivering it over a long distance, the cost might rise to $100. Use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
How To Ship A Watch With USPS – And What Does It Cost?
USPS is the best option when you’re shipping lightweight and small packages. The cost is approximately $10 to $20 to mail a watch interstate, with delivery times varying from two to eight days. You can use the shipping calculator to get an estimate of the shipping cost.
How To Ship A Watch With UPS – And What Does It Cost?
If you select UPS ground freight to deliver an expensive watch, you can expect the cost to be around $20. However, if you wish to choose their air freight or special services, like UPS urgent, the prices will increase by up to $100 depending on your delivery location. If you want to find the cheapest delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship A Watch With FedEx / TNT – And What Does It Cost?
FedEx offers several shipping services to fit your needs. Depending on your requirements, they provide overnight, urgent, express saver, 2-day, and 3-day services. If you choose the ground freight, the cost will be between $20 and $60, with an expected delivery time of about three days.
However, if you choose FedEx Overnight or FedEx Urgent, the price range will increase. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship A Watch Internationally – And What Does It Cost?
Many courier providers offer their services to ship a package abroad. You can use ground, rail, ocean, or air freight to deliver your expensive watch. Ground freight will cost relatively less than air freight.
For instance, if you’re using FedEx ground services to ship a watch from the US to Canada, it will take around $30. Hence, the prices vary depending on the shipping distance. Use the shipping calculator to find the cheapest delivery quotes.
When shipping a precious item, such as an expensive watch or gold jewelry, always insure it in case of theft or damage. Furthermore, while choosing a courier service, choose one that offers tracking services to guarantee that your package arrives safely.