You may be transferring RAM sticks for a variety of reasons. For example, you could be sending them to a friend or relocating your entire computer system. Whatever the cause, shipping such delicate computer parts requires extreme caution.
Damaged RAM sticks are a big no-no since they can significantly slow down your computer’s performance. As a result, you must keep a close eye on the shipping procedure. Continue reading to learn everything there is to know about RAM packing and shipping.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Pack RAM Sticks For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
- 2 How Long Does It Take To Ship RAM Sticks?
- 3 How Much Does It Cost To Ship RAM Sticks In My State Or Across The Country?
- 4 How To Ship RAM Sticks With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 5 How To Ship RAM Sticks With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 6 How To Ship RAM Sticks With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 7 How To Ship RAM Sticks With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 8 How To Ship RAM Sticks Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 9 Conclusion
How To Pack RAM Sticks For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
To prepare your item for dispatch, follow the steps below:
- Begin by putting the RAM sticks back into their original boxes. If you’ve lost the original packaging, you can use tissue paper as an alternative.
- Then, place the memory sticks in an antistatic bag. Close the bag and secure it with tape.
- Wrap this bag containing the RAM sticks in multiple layers of antistatic bubble wrap for extra security.
- After that, place the bag into a shipping box of the appropriate size, and fill the space with cushioning material.
- Finally, seal the box with plenty of packing tape, and you’re done!
How Long Does It Take To Ship RAM Sticks?
The time it takes for your package to arrive usually depends on the service you choose. On average, RAM sticks take up to 5 business days or more to reach their destination. In most cases, international delivery takes the same amount of time or a few days longer.
You may also choose priority services if you need your shipment delivered within a specific time frame.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship RAM Sticks In My State Or Across The Country?
Since RAM sticks are lightweight PC components, shipping them within your state will cost no more than $30. On the other hand, delivering them across the United States to another state will charge $30 or more. To get the price estimate, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship RAM Sticks With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
DHL offers various services to ship RAM sticks. This includes their air and ground freight. If you’re delivering an item from state to state, the price starts from $20 and increases for long-distance trips. To get an estimate of the shipping price, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship RAM Sticks With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
Shipping a stick of RAM by USPS is incredibly inexpensive, costing approximately $3. However, if you send a bundle of RAM sticks to another state, the cost will rise to $10 or more. You can opt for a Small Flat Rate Box from USPS to send your parcel for only $10. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship RAM Sticks With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
If you want to transport RAM sticks interstate with UPS, you have several options depending on how much you can afford to pay on delivery. The cost of UPS Ground begins at $20 and rises to $60 for UPS Next Day Air. The pricing variation is due to the time of your package’s arrival. Use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
How To Ship RAM Sticks With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
FedEx is another excellent option if you plan to deliver your RAM sticks to another state or over a long distance. It’s always a good idea to get a delivery quote before making a sound decision. The cost doesn’t exceed $50 for nearby states and increases up to $80 for states at a long distance. Use the shipping calculator to find the cheapest delivery quotes.
How To Ship RAM Sticks Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
You can even ship RAM sticks worldwide through several shipping companies. If you’re sending a parcel from the US to the UK, the price range will be between $40 and $150. The same package can be shipped from the US to China at a rate of $40. To get the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
If you want to ship a computer, you must know the importance of proper packaging, especially when it comes to small components such as RAM sticks. Hence, by following this guide, you can ensure the safe shipment of your item!