You may need to ship decorations to a friend as a gift. Or perhaps you’re relocating and must have your welcoming doormat at the front door at all costs. Naturally, this demands that you ship the doormat as quickly as possible, for which you will need the essential packing and shipping details.
The material that doormats are composed of needs suitable packaging. During travel, the fabric can easily be damaged, such as wrinkled, losing colors, changing texture or dry fiber, etc. Follow this advice to ensure that your doormat arrives securely.
Table of Contents
How To Pack A Doormat For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
If you’re unclear how to pack a doormat because of its delicate fabric, follow the steps below:
- The first step is to remove the dust from the mat.
- Next, place an acid-free sheet on top of the mat to keep it from getting too hot, which can attract moths.
- Start rolling the mat in the direction that most of the fabric fibers lean in. This will help in getting a tighter roll.
- Wrap the doormat with a sheet once it has been rolled into a cylinder. Using a twine rope, secure the sheet.
- Then, at the ends of the rolls, add some cushioning. This will keep the mat in its original form.
- Wrap the roll in a plastic sleeve. You may also use month crystals or other strong insecticides to keep bugs off of the mat while it’s in transit. Tape the plastic sheet down.
- After that, place the doormat in a shipping box. Fill the container with padding material for additional security.
- Lastly, seal the package with tape.
How Long Does It Take To Ship A Doormat?
Shipment of a doormat to any place can take up to a week or longer. Priority services such as UPS Next Day Air, FedEx 2 Day, Express Saver, or Priority Overnight may deliver a doormat in as little as three days.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship A Doormat In My State Or Across The Country?
Although doormats are of different materials, they usually weigh around 5 pounds. Hence, to ship them within your state will cost you from $5 to $40. When sending your package across the country, the price will increase to around $50 and above. If you want to find the cheapest delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship A Doormat With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
Through DHL, you can ship any decorative piece at a reasonable price. The cost may be between $50 and $100 to send it to another state. If you wish to send it to a state over a long distance, the rates will surely rise. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship A Doormat With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
The state-to-state cost for shipping a package with USPS lies somewhere around $10. The price won’t exceed $50 even if you mail a doormat to distant locations. Use the shipping calculator to get the cheapest delivery quotes.
How To Ship A Doormat With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
When shipping a doormat using UPS, the delivery cost may differ with various services that it offers. For instance, with UPS Ground Freight, the cost of interstate shipping will be approximately $30. If you choose UPS Next Day Air, the cost will go beyond $100. To find the best delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship A Doormat With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
The shipping price for delivering a doormat with FedEx may start at $30 and extend to $150. Use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
How To Ship A Doormat Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
If you intend to ship a package internationally, it is best to obtain delivery quotes from various shipping companies. As an estimate, the delivery cost may range anywhere from $50 to $300. To get an idea of the shipping cost, use the shipping calculator.
Now that you know the appropriate packaging strategy and the various courier services, you don’t have to worry about the doormat arriving in a terrible state. So, welcome your friends and family to the newly shipped doormat!