You’ll want to make sure your glasses are appropriately packaged, whether you’re shipping them for repair or as a gift for a loved one. Because of their brittle nature, they could easily break during transit. To minimize the risk of damage, carefully pack the glasses and ship them using a safe and reliable courier service.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Pack Glasses For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
- 2 How Long Does It Take To Ship Glasses?
- 3 What Does It Cost To Ship Glasses In My State Or Across The Country?
- 4 How To Ship Glasses With DHL – And What Does It Cost?
- 5 How To Ship Glasses With USPS – And What Does It Cost?
- 6 How To Ship Glasses With UPS – And What Does It Cost?
- 7 How To Ship Glasses With FedEx / TNT? – And What Does It Cost?
- 8 How To Ship Glasses Internationally – And What Does It Cost?
- 9 Conclusion
How To Pack Glasses For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
Clothing and accessories, especially glasses, are easy to pack and ship since they are small and require little effort. However, since most of these items are fragile, you must pack them with great care. To pack your glasses the right way, follow the steps below.
- Start by placing the glasses in their fabric case. If your glasses do not have one, you can use a sock. This will protect the lens from scratches and other damage.
- Then, place the wrapped glasses into the box
- Wrap the box in bubble sheets to add multiple layers of protection
- Place the wrapped case into a mailing box. You can also ship glasses in a poly mailer, but a box is recommended for optimal safety.
- Fill the box to the brim with packing peanuts so that the case does not move during shipment
- Finally, use packing tape to seal the box
How Long Does It Take To Ship Glasses?
It may take up to a few business days to ship your glasses to a local location. Mailing glasses over a long distance, on the other hand, can take much longer. International shipping takes around a week on average.
However, by using the priority services provided by courier companies, you may send glasses on the same day or the next to meet your tight deadline.
What Does It Cost To Ship Glasses In My State Or Across The Country?
Since glasses are incredibly light, transporting them within the state can cost up to $100. Shipping across the country, on the other hand, has a price range extending to $250.
It should be noted that if you wish to mail your glasses within a day using priority services, you will have to pay a higher cost. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Glasses With DHL – And What Does It Cost?
Through DHL, you can ship glasses interstate or to another country. Their popular services include LTL, Air, and Ocean Freight, which allows you to monitor your shipment anywhere globally.
The cost of sending glasses to another state by DHL is estimated to be below $200. Use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
How To Ship Glasses With USPS – And What Does It Cost?
USPS offers various shipping service options, such as Retail Ground, Priority Mail 2-Day, with flat rates that you may choose from. State to state shipping via USPS costs under $50. To find the best delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Glasses With UPS – And What Does It Cost?
You can ship glasses using UPS Ground, 2nd, or 3rd Day Services, which will get your shipment delivered within five business days. To have your glasses sent the next day, pick UPS Next Day Air, which would cost you around $250 for nationwide shipping. Use the shipping calculator to get the cheapest delivery quotes.
How To Ship Glasses With FedEx / TNT? – And What Does It Cost?
With its Overnight, Flat Rate, Same-Day, Ground, and International services, FedEx is another excellent option for mailing glasses. A general estimate of the cost of delivering glasses via FedEx freight services within the nation is about $200. If you want to find the cheapest delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Glasses Internationally – And What Does It Cost?
The cost of international shipping for glasses varies based on the origin and delivery locations. Courier companies such as DHL and FedEx provide several fantastic options for international delivery.
The average cost of delivering glasses to countries worldwide is $350 or more, with expedited services generally costing more. To get an idea of the shipping cost, use the shipping calculator.
Knowing the correct way to pack glasses can save you from buying new ones or replacing your favorite frames. So, make sure your eyewear is appropriately packed before shipping it through your selected courier service. Just like you would ship clothing packages.