During transportation, a cylinder head is extremely vulnerable to damage. A combustion chamber and a gas passage are two of the primary components of an automobile’s engine. There are also a slew of tiny bolts and screws that could be misplaced if the assembly isn’t carefully packed.
A car’s cylinder head is a costly unit, to say the least. Plus, the cost of repair does not differ significantly either. This is why, before sending the car part out for shipment, you must pay close attention to its packaging and choose a reliable service provider.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Pack Cylinder Heads For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
- 2 How Long Does It Take To Ship Cylinder Heads?
- 3 How Much Does it Cost to Ship Cylinder Heads in my State or Across the Country?
- 4 How To Ship Cylinder Heads With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 5 How To Ship Cylinder Heads With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 6 How To Ship Cylinder Heads With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 7 How To Ship Cylinder Heads With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 8 How To Ship Cylinder Heads Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 9 Conclusion
How To Pack Cylinder Heads For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
Before starting the procedure, know that the average car consists of either 4 or 6 cylinder heads. Therefore, never pack more than one head in a single box to prevent them from breaking during the long journey.
- Start by removing the rocker arm and valve cover studs from the cylinder head. Also, take out the guide plates. This will keep these items from bending or breaking when in transit.
- Next, wrap several rolls of bubble wrap around each component to provide the necessary padding.
- Then, place the wrapped parts inside the box and fill the remaining area with packing peanuts.
- Lastly, close the box and use strong adhesive tape to secure the flaps. This ensures that your package will stay closed even with harsh handling.
How Long Does It Take To Ship Cylinder Heads?
The weight of the package doesn’t affect the shipping time significantly. If you’re seeking affordable rates, the shipment will take around a week for interstate delivery.
On the other hand, international delivery may take longer. However, you may choose priority services such as FedEx Overnight, DHL Express Easy, or USPS Flat Rate Boxes for urgent delivery.
How Much Does it Cost to Ship Cylinder Heads in my State or Across the Country?
On average, a single-cylinder head weighs around 60 pounds. This cylinder head would cost up to $200 to transport inside the state.
Shipping across the nation may cost about $700 or more if you’re shipping several cylinder heads. To find the best delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Cylinder Heads With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
DHL offers several fantastic shipping options, including air, ocean, rail, and road freight. You can ship a cylinder head over a long distance using DHL’s LTL shipping for a price ranging from $200 to $700. Use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
How To Ship Cylinder Heads With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
You can only choose USPS to mail cylinder heads if your package weighs under 70 pounds. The Retail Ground Shipping service may transport a cylinder head to another state for less than $100. If you want to find the cheapest delivery quotes, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Cylinder Heads With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
You may transport cylinder heads via UPS Freight LTL, which will deliver your shipment within five days. The estimated cost for shipping a cylinder head from state to state is under $300.
However, if you ship more than one cylinder head, the price will vary depending on the number of cylinder heads you send. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Cylinder Heads With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
Through FedEx, you can avail of multiple shipping services such as Overnight, Same-Day, and Flat Rate shipping. The delivery cost for interstate shipping of a cylinder head is around $300, increasing with each cylinder head. You can use the shipping calculator to get an estimate of the shipping cost.
How To Ship Cylinder Heads Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
Several courier firms offer worldwide shipment of cylinder heads, each with its unique delivery quote. DHL International Shipping, UPS Worldwide Saver, FedEx International Economy and Priority, and other services fall under this category.
The typical shipping cost is around $1000, depending on the cargo location and the number of cylinder heads. Use the shipping calculator to find the cheapest delivery quotes.
It’s always a risk to ship car parts over freight services unless you’ve read through the entire guide attentively. By following the steps for the careful packing and using one of the courier options mentioned, you’re ensuring safety for your essential car components.