When you receive an order for your artwork, prepare to box it properly to arrive in excellent condition. You can enhance client satisfaction by ensuring that the product reaches its destination as early as possible. To save you from these challenging tasks, we’ve provided all the information in this guide.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Pack Art For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
- 2 How Long Does It Take To Ship Art?
- 3 How Much Does It Cost To Ship Art In My State Or Across The Country?
- 4 How To Ship Art With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 5 How To Ship Art With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 6 How To Ship Art With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 7 How To Ship Art With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 8 How To Ship Art Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
- 9 How to Ship a Specific Type of Artworke
- 10 Conclusion
How To Pack Art For Safe Shipping – The Best Way
Packing your art can be quite a difficult task, especially if it’s framed artwork. Before starting, take measurements of your work and get a box for shipping art accordingly. Then, follow the steps below:
- Start by protecting the artwork’s surface by covering it with foam, glassine paper, cloth, or other soft material. This will prevent the tangible side of your art from getting ruined.
- For framed artwork, you’ll need to take a step further and use painter’s tape in a star pattern to prevent breakage.
- Next, cover your entire art piece in several layers of bubble wrap to ensure its safety for the journey.
- Then, seal the seams of bubble wrap using packing tape.
- After that, place your art in between pieces of foam boards and use tape to secure them in place.
- Finally, put your artwork inside the box and use bubble wrap to fill the remaining space. Then shut the box with tape.
How Long Does It Take To Ship Art?
The various shipping companies mentioned in this article offer fair delivery times. If your customer lives nearby, the package will be delivered within a few days. International delivery, however, may take up to a week or so. But you can use priority services to reduce the delivery time.
How Much Does It Cost To Ship Art In My State Or Across The Country?
Since the weight of art differs depending on the type, there is not a specific estimated weight that we can give. For simplicity, we’ve provided the rates for a 10-pound piece of artwork.
So, if you’re shipping it inside your state, the cost will be around $40. Moreover, when sending it across the country, the price will increase up to $100. Use the shipping calculator to get an idea of the shipping price.
How To Ship Art With DHL – And How Much Does It Cost?
You can efficiently deliver artwork through DHL either interstate or over a long distance. With DHL ground freight, the cost may be approximately $60. It can increase or decrease depending on the shipping distance. To get an idea about the shipping price, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Art With USPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
When using USPS to mail art, the costs may be budget-friendly. It may lie somewhere between $20 and $50, including USPS Priority and Priority Mail Express. Use the shipping calculator to find the cheapest delivery quotes.
How To Ship Art With UPS – And How Much Does It Cost?
If you want to send a package from one state to another, UPS offers a variety of services. You will be charged according to the service you select. For example, if you choose UPS Ground, the delivery fee will be $30. Otherwise, UPS 2nd Day Air will cost $70 or more. To find the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How To Ship Art With FedEx / TNT? – And How Much Does It Cost?
Aside from sending your precious artwork through FedEx, you can even opt for their packaging services to have your package delivered securely. The cost may range anywhere from $30 to $150. Use the shipping calculator to get the best delivery quotes.
How To Ship Art Internationally – And How Much Does It Cost?
Whenever you’re shipping a package to another country, it’s a smart move to get a delivery quote from several companies. The delivery rates for international shipments generally go from $80 to $200 and above. To get the best delivery prices, use the shipping calculator.
How to Ship a Specific Type of Artworke
Due to the amount of work you put in to make artwork and its high worth, secure packing is required before sending it out for delivery. Also, since art can be of many forms, including flat art prints, large art prints, and fine art, they vary in size. Hence, the packing and shipping costs may not be certain.